Private Counselling in Liverpool
The Liverpool Counselling Association is the leading provider of private counselling in Liverpool. Anything you discuss with us is 100% private and confidential.
We help people who are struggling with some of life’s most difficult challenges.
If you need someone to listen to what is on your mind and help you work through the issues that are standing in your way of a better life, call 07700153066 for a free consultation.
We provide face to face counselling, telephone counselling and home visits.
Book a free consultation or see all of our services.
The Liverpool Counselling Association helps People who are Struggling with the following:
- Bereavement & Loss
- Relationship issues
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- All Types of Addictions
- Domestic violence
- Suicidal thoughts
- Children’s anxieties
- Family conflict
- All sexual issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Personality disorders
- Anger issues
- Family dynamics
- Long-term illness
- Sexual Abuse
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Plus many more….
Talking to a fully qualified counsellor can significantly reduce the impact these issues can have on your life. If you would like to talk to a private therapist in Liverpool, use our booking form to arrange a free consultation.
How can we help you today?
Life is full of challenges. Your life and your experiences are unique to you. There’s no single reason why anyone would want to seek out counselling because everybody’s life experiences are different.
The Liverpool Counselling Association is honoured to have helped thousands of people overcome some of life’s most difficult challenges and live more fulfilling lives.
Our therapy rooms are warm and comfortable, allowing you to sit down and relax to discuss what is on your mind.
If you’re considering private counselling in Liverpool, call 07700153066 for a free consultation.
BACP Registered Counsellors in Liverpool
We believe that effective therapy is:
· Feeling relaxed with your therapist.
· Tailoring your therapy to your life experiences & circumstances.
· Processing your feelings and thoughts.
· Translates into real-life changes.
Establishing trust and building a relationship with your therapist.
Identifying what issues you would like to address.
This is where you’re working through your issues and improving your life.
A time to reflect upon everything you have achieved so far.
5 Benefits of Talking to a Private Therapist in Liverpool
· Privacy. Paying for private therapy guarantees privacy and confidentiality. If you go to your doctor and ask for help for your mental health, it will be on your health record for the rest of your life. Some people don’t have a problem with this, but others like to keep it private. Some people have to grant access to their medical history to their employer, while others might be thinking about adopting a child and might not want it to be on the public record where it can be misconstrued and taken out of context (mental health stigma is still alive and well).
· All of the focus is on you. When you pay for private counselling, all the focus is on you. You don’t have to share your time with anyone else. If you were to opt for Free NHS counselling in Liverpool, you would have to participate in group introduction sessions after your initial phone assessment. You will be asked to attend a local health centre and sit in a room with several NHS therapists who will explain a little bit about mental health and will ask you if you have any questions. If you’re a private person, would you feel comfortable discussing your personal life in front of people who live in your community? What if you see them when you’re out and about?
· No Long waiting times. Private therapy gives you the freedom to make an appointment whenever you like. On the other hand, the NHS has long waiting lists, and it’s not uncommon to wait six months to talk to a therapist. Long waiting times are not much help if you’re suffering from depression or anxiety and need to speak to someone immediately.
· You get to choose your therapist. The Liverpool Counselling Association is home to some of the kindest, caring and most compassionate therapists in Liverpool. If, for some reason, you don’t feel like you connect with one of our therapists, you have the choice to stop working with them and try another therapist. Free NHS therapy in Liverpool doesn’t give you that option. You have to accept the therapist who is assigned to you. If you and your assigned NHS therapist aren’t a good match, you’re free to complain, but nothing is likely to change.
· You don’t have to do an online course. If you are someone who is suffering from mild depression or anxiety, the NHS will offer you an online course. You log in to the course and work through each module on your own. The online course is beneficial to some people, but if you’re someone who likes to talk to a real person, this might be disappointing for you.
What to Expect from Private Therapy in Liverpool
Therapists have a very special relationship with their clients based on mutual trust and respect. Once you have decided to seek counselling, the next step is finding the right counsellor.
Finding the right private therapist in Liverpool is one of the most important aspects of therapy. One of the best ways to find a therapist you can connect with is to have a free consultation.
A free consultation will allow you to speak to one of our accredited councillors and ask any questions or concerns about attending private counselling in Liverpool.
If, after the consultation, you don’t feel like you connected with one of our councillors, you are under no obligation whatsoever to have any more counselling sessions.
We want your therapy to be a success. Finding the right counsellor is an essential step in your journey towards a better life.
How much does Private Counselling in Liverpool cost?
We carefully select the best therapists in Liverpool to ensure you get maximum value for money.
The cost of talking to a highly qualified private therapist in Liverpool varies between £50 – £100 per session. The cost per session will depend upon a client’s income, session time, disability and therapist etc.
Discounts are available to unemployed people, pensioners and students.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash.
How many Therapy Sessions do I need?
We offer short-term and long-term counselling services. However, the number of therapy sessions required will vary from person to person. A person who needs marriage counselling might not need as many sessions as someone who has experienced severe trauma. Our free consultation gives us the opportunity to learn more about you and discuss how many counselling sessions you might need.
Once we have agreed on how many sessions would be right for you, your counselling journey will begin. We will have regular review points throughout your journey to review your progress and discuss whether it would be appropriate to shorten or lengthen your counselling.
Meet Our Highly Qualified & Experienced Counsellors
Testimonials – In Their Own Words
I’ve tried a few different private therapists in Liverpool, but I never really felt like I connected with any of them….. until now! Heather is easy to talk to, and we get on great!
Cognitive behavioural therapy taught me coping skills to control my anger and stop lashing out. I wish I had done this years ago.
Family therapy helped our family work through some difficult issues and move forward with our lives. It wasn’t easy, but it was well worth it.
I owe a big thank you to the Liverpool counselling Association for helping my daughter get over her phobia of flying. Now we can go on holiday – yay!
I battled with depression for years until I finally decided to try counselling. Talking to a therapist who really understands transformed my life.
My ex-husband and I were going through a terrible divorce, and my anxiety was out of control. Samantha helped me work through it all and get back on my feet. Thank you!
My husband and I attended marriage counselling to try and save our 17 year marriage. I’m pleased to say it was money well spent! We managed to work through our issues and save our marriage.
Therapy helped me overcome my cocaine addiction and get my life back on track. Kelly is the best therapist in Liverpool as far as I’m concerned – she helped change my life.
Book a FREE 20 Minute Consultation
If you would like to talk to one of our private therapists in Liverpool, all you need to do is pick up the phone and call the phone number below or use our booking form.
Most of our free consultations take place over the phone, but we can talk face-to-face if you prefer.
The Liverpool Counselling Association Opening hours are between 9 am – 8 pm
Counselling changes lives. Let’s work together to change yours!