Anger Management in Liverpool
Do you have explosive anger that feels like it’s out of control? Do you say nasty things to people and later regret saying them? Do you feel guilty, tired and drained after losing your temper? If you regularly experience any of these powerful emotions and want them to stop, we can help.
The Liverpool Counselling Association can help you get to the root cause of your anger and teach you some techniques that will help you live a calmer, happier life.
If you would like to book a free consultation for private 1-2-1 anger management in Liverpool, call 07700153066, or you can use our online booking form.
What Causes People to be so Angry?
There are many different reasons why people can become angry. The most common reasons people get angry are:
· Feeling threatened or attacked
· Past experiences
· Personal problems such as stress at work or financial problems
· Being treated poorly and feeling powerless to do anything about it
· People interrupting you when you’re trying to achieve a goal
· Other people not respecting your feelings or personal property
· Existing mental health conditions
Everyone will experience anger at some time in their lives. It is perfectly normal. However, persistent anger can feel out of control. The root cause of explosive anger can usually be traced back to trauma, bereavement, loss or stress.
It’s important to let your therapist know if you’ve experienced any trauma, loss or emotional pain. Finding the root cause of anger could be the key to living a happier life.
When is Anger a Problem?
Anger only becomes a problem when it gets out of control and harms you or the people around you. Here’s some examples of when anger becomes a problem:
· Anger has become your strongest emotion, blocking out feeling any of your other emotions
· You regularly use destructive behaviour to express your anger
· Your anger is negatively affecting your physical and mental health
· You haven’t developed healthy ways to express your anger
Do you recognise any of these behaviours in yourself? Would you like it to stop? If you answered yes, we can help. We provide private anger management in Liverpool for people who feel uncomfortable sitting in large groups or classes.
If you want to get your anger issues under control without having to talk to your GP and having it on your medical record for the rest of your life, call 07700153066 for a free consultation.
Examples of Angry Behaviour
· Outward aggression and violence – shouting, swearing, throwing things, punching walls, slamming doors, hitting, being verbally abusive or physically violent.
· Inward aggression – denying yourself basic needs such as food (or things that make you happy), having thoughts about how much you hate yourself, isolating yourself or self harming.
· Non-violent, passive-aggressive behaviour – refusing to speak to someone, ignoring people, deliberately doing things poorly, purposefully arriving late, being sarcastic or acting sulky without actually saying anything out of order or with no hint of aggression.
Other Symptoms of Anger
Thoughts – you might not be able to stop thinking about the thing that made you angry
Chest pains – you may experience chest pains that feel like you’re going to have a heart attack.
Emotions – most people who get angry and lose their temper often feel guilt, regret and shame for being angry
“When I get angry, my mind goes blank, and I can feel my body tensing up – it feels like the only way to get rid of the anger is through shouting loud or being physically violent toward myself or the objects around me.”
Physical Sensations of Anger
· Heart palpitations
· Tightening of the chest
· Increased blood pressure
· Pressure in the head
What others might see when you feel angry
· Clenched jaw
· Sweating excessively
· Shaking or pacing
· Clenched fists
· Physically lashing out
· Raised voice
· Passive-aggressive comments
· Frowning or scowling
· Rapid heartbeat and breathing
If you can relate to any of the symptoms of anger mentioned above, we understand. If you would like some professional help to manage your anger, we provide private one-to-one anger management in Liverpool. You won’t be with a group, and nobody will ever know you attended anger management.
How you React to Anger can Depend on lots of things, Including:
· Dealing with lots of problems and stress, you might find it difficult to control your anger
· Past experiences – people who have experienced frightening, stressful or traumatic events can develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which can lead to outbursts of anger and violence
· Learned behaviour – you might have been raised in an environment with adults who expressed their anger in unhealthy ways
· Taking substances such as alcohol or drugs can affect some people’s mood and make them more aggressive
People can be quick to anger for all sorts of reasons. You might get angry at something that wouldn’t bother other people.
If certain situations make you angry and you can’t explain why try talking to someone who understands.
Consequences of Angry Behaviour
Unresolved anger can ruin your life. Anger can ruin your relationships and push everyone you ever loved away or even land you in prison for a long time.
Sadly, most people who struggle with anger don’t want to be angry, but they just don’t know how to stop. It’s like a trigger. Something sets it off in an instant, and you suddenly lose control. It’s like an unconscious reflex. Sound familiar?
If you would like private anger management counselling in Liverpool, message us, and we’ll contact you to arrange a free consultation.
We guarantee you 100% privacy and confidentiality. Nobody will ever know you visited our private practice, which is centrally located at 40 Rodney Street, Liverpool, L1 9AA.
How Anger Management Works
Anger management therapy gives the person in treatment a safe place to talk about their anger and release their emotions. People in therapy are encouraged to talk about their anger and try to identify what triggers their anger.
Once a trigger has been identified, we can teach the person how to manage their emotions and stay in control.
The goal of anger management and talking therapy is for people to become aware of what causes them to get angry. It also helps people alter their view of given situations.
Anger management therapy shows people how to release their anger and frustration in a healthy way. Here are some of the techniques we use in our private anger management therapy in Liverpool:
· Impulse control
· Frustration management
· Breathing techniques
· Relaxation strategies
Court Ordered Anger Management
A judge may order someone to attend anger management therapy if they have committed a criminal offence. Criminal offences that may result in having to complete an anger management course are:
· Domestic abuse
· Grievous bodily harm
· Damaging or destroying another person’s property
· Disturbing the peace
Unfortunately, we do not provide court-ordered anger management classes. However, we do provide 1-2-1 anger management therapy at our private practice in Rodney Street, Liverpool. If you would like to book a free consultation, call 07700153066 today.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM ANGER MANAGEMENT?
Anger management therapy can benefit a wide range of people— particularly those who work in stressful careers such as business or health care.
Anger management and talking therapy can also help people who want to improve their relationships. The people who benefit the most from anger management are:
· Violent offenders
· People struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder
· People who use substances such as drugs or alcohol
· People with bullying behaviours
· People who have mental health issues and find it hard to control their anger
Does Anger Management Therapy Work for Everyone?
Anger management therapy is usually only beneficial to people who recognise they have a problem with their anger. People with severe learning difficulties might struggle implementing the new anger management techniques.
Some of the techniques used for anger management therapy are based on the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
People with other mental health issues will respond much better to anger management therapy if they can address these underlying problems first.
Kiss Goodbye to Feeling Angry and Start Living the Life you want to Live
If you’ve had enough of those angry feelings, losing your temper and hurting the people you love, it’s time to do something about it. You can’t go on like this. Let us help you deal with your anger problem and start living a happier life.
All you need to do is call 07700153066 to book a free consultation for anger management in Liverpool.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you live a better life.
Book a Free Consultation
We help people of all ages learn how to manage their anger and live a happier life. If your tired of feeling angry and want to transform your life, give us a call.
It might just be the best thing you ever do.
All phone calls & emails are 100% private & confidential.