Couples Therapy and Marriage Counselling in Liverpool
If your having problems with your relationship and want professional help to resolve them, you’ve come to the right place.
Our highly qualified and experienced relationship counsellors can help you understand why things aren’t working and what steps you need to take to make things better, fast.
Book your FREE consultation by calling 07700153066 or click the button below.
What is Couples Therapy and how can it Support your Relationship?
The aim of couples counselling, also known as relationship or marriage counselling, is to help you understand how common issues and problems affect your relationship.
If you are having difficulties in your relationship and don’t understand why, attending couples counselling can give you the space you need to talk and listen to one another.
Relationship counselling will allow you to explore the dynamics of your relationship and find out how unresolved issues from the past can affect the present.
In addition to couples counselling services, the Liverpool Counselling Association offers psychosexual therapy for couples and individuals experiencing sexual difficulties.
If you or your partner are having problems with the physical part of your relationship, our highly qualified psychosexual therapist can help.
All you need to do is call 07700153066 and ask for a free consultation, or you can use our booking form.
Here are 6 signs it’s time to think about going to Relationship Counselling
Every relationship has its ups and downs, but how do you know when it’s time to seek professional help? Sure, you can carry on as things are, but are you happy? Is your partner happy? If the answer is no and you can’t resolve the issues alone, then now would be a good time to consider going to couples counselling.
Here are 6 signs to look out for that suggest your relationship may be struggling:
- You and your partner have difficulties with communication or is not existent
- You have thought about breaking up or getting a divorce
- You or your partner have been unfaithful
- You are your partner are trying to cope with a life changing event or trauma
- You would like to be able to talk about your differences without arguing
- You and your partner seem to bicker and argue about the same things, and nothing gets resolved
Book an appointment for couples counselling at our private Liverpool clinic by calling 07700153066, or you can use our online booking form.
Relationship Issues Couples Therapy Can Help With:
Sometimes it’s unclear what is wrong with a relationship, but something doesn’t feel right. Couples therapy can help you identify specific problems in your relationship as well as identify what has changed.
If your having relationship problems, it doesn’t necessarily mean one person is to blame. It could just mean your relationship needs some care and attention. Relationship counselling is the best place to start.
If you are experiencing any of the following relationship problems, our relationship counsellors can help.
· Problems with communication: if you’re arguing, bickering, fighting, stuck in dysfunctional patterns or living separate lives, your relationship has communication problems.
· Sexual issues & intimacy: noemotional intimacy or interest in sex has gone /managing different expectations.
· Life changing experiences: losing a loved one, health issues, the birth of a child, children leaving home, work, friends and family can all change the way you and your partner relate to each other.
· Broken trust: all trust has been lost because of an emotional or physical affair, a secret drug addiction or secrets in general.
· Mental Health Issues: one or both of you are struggling with anxiety, stress or depression, or other mental health issues.
· Contemplating divorce or separation: sometimes ending the relationship can feel like the only option available, and you’re wondering how to end a relationship.
· Managing emotions: feelings of boredom, resentment, anger, jealousy or switching between love and hate.
· Blended families: you or your partner (or both of you) were previously married and divorced. Now you have to deal with ex-partners and children from previous relationships.
Take a positive step in your relationship today – book an appointment for couples therapy at our distinguished Liverpool clinic and make a positive change.
What can you gain from going to Couples / Marriage Counselling?
Our specially trained couples and marriage counsellors are skilled in helping people, identifying relationship problems and explaining what steps you need to take to rebuild a future together. A future that you will both find fulfilling and enjoy.
Our relationship counsellors can help you work through your issues and strengthen your relationship:
· Learn how to reduce or avoid conflict and gain a deeper understanding of each other
· Find out how to recover and rebuild trust after your partner has cheated
· Learn some simple strategies to help you and your partner meet each other’s needs
· Find out why men and women have different needs and how it can cause problems in your relationship
· Learn more about how your partner communicates and what they are really saying
· Discover how to bring fun, sexual passion and laughter back into your relationship
· Learn how to put all these things together and build a positive future together
What to Expect in your first Couples Therapy Session
Your first relationship counselling session will give you and your partner the opportunity to talk openly with each other and identify the problems within your relationship.
Our therapist will ask questions about where you want the relationship to go and encourage open and constructive communication. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, you can discuss them at the first meeting.
Our specially trained relationship counsellors will remain unbiased, won’t take sides and won’t judge your sexual preferences and personal situations.
Anything you discuss in marriage counselling remains 100% private and confidential. You don’t have to worry about anyone else finding out about your personal life.
Many couples feel anxious about attending relationship counselling – this is normal. There’s really nothing to worry about. Our highly skilled and experienced relationship counsellors will listen to both parties and learn about the problems you are both facing.
How often should you go to Couples / Marriage Counselling?
In the beginning, most couples prefer weekly appointments. As they progress, they reduce the weekly appointments to fortnightly appointments. Some couples prefer fortnightly sessions.
You can discuss how often you should have couples counselling with your therapist, as it will depend on your own personal circumstances. It helps to make appointments for the same day and time so you can both make relationship therapy part of your weekly schedule.
If you need to be flexible due to work or family commitments, let your therapist know; they should be able to accommodate this.
How many Couples Counselling Sessions do I need?
The number of relationship counselling sessions you need will depend on the following:
· The type of problems you and your partner wish to resolve
· The amount of time you and your partner have been struggling with these issues
· The outcome you wish to achieve
There isn’t a one size fits all solution to how many sessions you will need. Some couples have a few sessions to get a better understanding of their relationship issues and learn new strategies to overcome them.
Other couples might prefer to have more sessions to work through some long-standing issues. Your relationship counsellor will be happy to discuss your progress and end the couples therapy sessions if you have achieved the outcome that works for your relationship.
Take the first step to Save your Marriage or Relationship
If your marriage or relationship isn’t working and you want to do something about it, we can help. Our highly skilled person centred counsellor will help you identify the problems in your relationship, work to resolve them and help you create a positive future together.
Whether you have a specific problem you wish to address or feel stuck in a stagnant relationship, contact our private practice today and start building a better future.
Your future self will thank you for it.
Book a FREE 20 Minute Consultation
If your relationship just isn’t working and you would like some help to try and resolve it we can help.
Our free consultation will give you the chance to talk to someone who understands relationships and guide you in the right direction.
Find out for yourself why we are the leading provider of couples therapy in Liverpool